Summer is pretty much here in Minnesota, which means it’s time for more events and conventions, but also warmer weather! Unfortunately, that means I’ll likely forego wearing the greatcoat with my General Hux costume since it’s wool.
Even though I already did a fair amount of tailoring to the tunic, I decided to take in the sleeves a little and shorten them. They were still quite long and wide, and it looked a little ridiculous. When I was wearing the greatcoat over my shoulders, it kind of hid that, but I wanted to just fix the sleeves once and for all.
I’ve never taken in sleeves with a lining, so it took probably ten times longer than it would have for someone who knew what they were doing.
The photo on the left was how the tunic looked before, and the photo on the right is how the tunic looks now. It’s not super easy to see the difference in the photo, but I did take in the sleeves about an inch or so, and took in the cuffs a few inches.
I think it looks better, and it definitely looks less baggy on me.